Wednesday, September 10, 2008

For Serious Travelers.



The ad above was provided by a new reader of Sadvertising - it's scanned from the August 2008 issue of Smithsonian Magazine.  

Wow. Takes a lot of hutzpah to write a headline like that - considering all the government warnings about going there and all. 

Oh well.  According to the company, "Serious Traveler," Iran must be a place for Serious Travelers.

"You want to go to Iran?!"

"Yeah."

"You SERIOUS?!?"

"Yeah!"

"Then...welcome aboard!..."

When I think of a "Serious Traveler" going into Iran, I'm thinking 3am helicopter drops and all of my travel gear packed into a bandolier of ammo.
Nevertheless, according to the photo on the ad, the "Serious Traveler" company did make a successful insertion into Iran in 2007 where they intercepted three little girls wearing white hoods.  They smiled for the camera - somehow the film got out.  Hope everyone's ok...

Anyway, back to the headline, you'd think a progressive, adventurous company like Serious Traveler could do better.  In the spirit of fair play, the following are suggested...

I CAME, I SAW, IRAN.

or

HAD SO MUCH FUN, IRAN BACK!

or

IRAN. SO FAR AWAY?

or

IRAN.  (serpentine fashion, until I jumped behind a knoll for cover!)

he he.

I bet Iran's more fun than DisneyLand, however.  Dinner with fairies and poofy princesses...(shudder).