Saturday, March 14, 2009

Is ANYONE making 5-star "I love it!" videos any more??

The graphic above is a screenshot from a Foxnews.com news video player. The story is of a "brutal jail beating" of a 15 year old girl.

I gave it three stars - "It's ok."

The beating was alright I guess - a little heavy handed. The two-camera action gave the clip impact. But CNN.com videos have voice-narratives, beating Fox to the punch, every time. I would have rated it higher if we would have had an explosion or maybe some pit bulls.

Sorry Foxnews. If you want consistent 5-star ratings on your stories of violence and decay, you're going to have get up to snuff on what makes "I love it!" video.


And if they're not going to get serious about "I love it!"-level evil, why...then...they can just ram their 5-star rating system down their throat and measure audience response with web stats like everyone else!