Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Hey. Nice sperm.




The scan above is from a recent SkyMall™ catalog showing the "Gravity Defyer®" shoes.  I've been watching this company advertise their wares for years - the original ad containing the company founder rocketing on his shoes remain as Classic in my book.

In fact, the Rocket ShoeMan is still in the ad - notice the little figure on top of the black shoe.

But that's not the point of this post.  The point here is the strange choice of a Sperm as a logo.

Right now, I'm working hard to get my head around how a SPERM would ever make itself a choice for a shoe logo.  Here.  YOU try it...

(tick tock tick tock)

Ha!  You're just as stumped, aren't you!

I'm not the sharpest tack on the floor, but I'm fairly confident that Sperm isn't showing up on anyone's Focus Group about footwear.

"Can you make those loafers a little more...you know...spermy?"

In fact, I can't think of ANYTHING that would remind me of or I would associate with SPERM other than...sperm.

There's a back-story here.  I don't want to know.  But if the guy's going to start marketing Soccer Balls under the Ovum brand, it'll all make sense and I'll delete this post.



NOTE:  I am aware of all the hysterical puns that could be ejaculated into this post.  Ha. Ha. I will refrain and rise above such sophomoric humor.


Note:  Ha.  It took a whole 4 minutes for a Sadvertising reader to make their own funny - he wrote that he's laid up from surgery and wouldn't wear these shoes because of his limp.  (oy vey).